Recipe by evelyn/athens
This 'torta' or terrine is strikingly beautiful and really delicious. Will definitely be the talk of your next gathering, with people wanting more and more.
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 6 ounces purchased pesto sauce
- 5 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 2 ½ packages (20 oz) cream cheese and butter in large bowl until blended.
- Mix ½ package (4 oz) cream cheese and pesto in small bowl.
- Mix ½ package cream cheese and salmon in small bowl.
- Mix ½ package cream cheese and olives in small bowl.
- Line 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, overlapping edges generously.
- Spread ¼ of butter mixture in bottom of pan.
- Spread pesto mixture over.
- Drop 1/3 of butter mixture over by teaspoons, spreading gently to cover.
- Spread salmon mixture over.
- Drop ½ of butter mixture over by teaspoons; spreading gently to cover.
- Spread olive mixture over.
- Cover with remaining butter mixture.
- Fold plastic wrap over to enclose; press firmly to compact.
- Chill until cold and firm; atleast 6 hours and up to 3 days.
- Turn out onto platter.
- Serve with assorted crackers and breads.