Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good salad dressing or can be used as an ineresting thin pesto sauce.
Make and share this Pesto Salad Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves or 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves, lightly crushed
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In bowl of food processor, pulse the dried basil with the fresh basil (preferred) or parley.
- Add walnuts, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese, snd pulse 4-5 times.
- Add olive oil and optional walnut oil, and process for about 10 seconds, until mixture is finely chopped but not pureed.
- Excellent with a hearty salad, freshly cooked pasta, cold cooked rice, or cold cooked chicken or turkey.
my husband loves when i make pesto. i made this dressing for his birthday dinner and his family loved it. i served it simply over spinach leaves, cucumbers, and halved cherry tomatoes.