Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Mini pesto bites in puff pastry - so simple and handy to have in freezer
- Allow pastry to thaw and then flatten the sheet out.
- Brush the first third and the last third of the sheet with pesto - as much as you want.
- Roll both sides towards the centre, creating a swiss roll effect on each side.
- Slice the sheet into approx 12-16 bite size pieces, using a sharp knife.
- Freeze for a while prior to baking off for best results. Baking takes approx 8-10min.
Fabulous! Tasty, easy, simple. Yes, this is a great item to stash in the freezer for when needed. I added a generous layer of freshly shredded Parm over the pesto before I rolled it up, mainly because I don't use any cheese in my pesto. I'll bet it would be nice with a sun dried tomato pesto also.