Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This not only tastes good, it looks pretty, too! I serve it at parties as part of the appetizer spread. It's good on a plain cracker or little round of toast.
- 1⁄2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup bottled roasted red pepper, drained, rinsed, finely chopped
- 28 ounces mild goat cheese, softened at room temp
- vegetable oil cooking spray, for spraying dish
- Drain pesto in a small fine-meshed sieve set over a bowl for 15 minutes; discard excess oil.
- Lightly spray a glass bowl or loaf pan with vegetable spray and line with plastic wrap large enough to allow a generous overhang on all sides.
- Blot peppers well with paper towels to remove all excess liquid.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pan or bowl and top with the pesto. Drop another 1/3 of the cheese by tablespoons on top of the pesto and spread gently to cover it. Top with chopped peppers, spreading evenly and finish by dropping the remaining 1/3 of cheese by tablespoons on top of the peppers. Spread evenly.
- Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap and press it down on top of the cheese.
- Chill at least 8 hours.
- Once chilled, remove covering of plastic wrap and invert the bowl or pan onto a serving plate, then peel off the remaining plastic wrap.
- Let torta stand at room temp for 20 min before serving.
Fabulous! Very easy and yummy torta. I served on sliced bagette rounds and it was enjoyed by all. The leftovers made a wonderful spread for bagels. Thanks!