1/3 Photos of Pesto Roast Chicken
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
I came up with this one on the weekend just wanting to do something a little different from my usual roast chicken and I had some veg in the fridge I wanted to use up. I have listed below what I used but you could use anything like eggplant, yellow zucchini, large tomatoes rather than cherry or even baby carrots so feel free to play around with that. I served ours with the vegetables and also some corn on the cob’s, we are trying not to eat to many carbs in the evenings, but it would be nice paired with roasted potatoes as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre Heat oven to moderate. Loosen skin on chicken breast by sliding your fingers between the skin and the flesh. Rub about 11/2 tablespoons of Pesto under the skin over the breast.
- 2Rub the remaining 11/2 tablespoons of pesto over the outside of chicken, breast, legs and wings.
- 3Place halved onions in a roasting pan drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over and place chicken on top.
- 4Roast, uncovered in moderate oven for 30 Minutes.
- 5Add garlic and zucchini to roasting pan, drizzle with a little extra oil and return to the oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is coked through.
- 6If using cherry tomatoes add to roasting pan about 20 min’s before the end of cooking time.
- 7Serve with fresh corn on the cob and roasted potatoes.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.9
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 273.7 mg
- Sodium 271.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 67.6 g