- 2 Cornish hens (quartered)
- lemon pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Quarter hens, season with salt and pepper and place skin side up on baking sheets (set aside).
- In a blender or mortar, combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, oil, and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth, stir in cheese.
- Rub hens with pesto and roast covered for 35-45 minutes or until it reaches 180°F.