1 hr 15 mins
Lori Mama's Note:
Recipe taken from the Food Network Magazine which I tweaked just a tad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 leeks, washed, sliced thinly and washed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into small pieces, about 10 spears, cooked crisp tender
- 1 slice ham, about 1/2-inch thick and diced
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup packed parsley
- 2 green onions, coarsely copped
- 8 small fresh mozzarella balls, cut into smaller pieces or
- 1 cup bite-size fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In small food processor bowl, place the parsley, green onions and pesto.
- 2Pulse until well combined.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In medium pot, bring stock to a boil.
- 5Cook leeks in stock for about 4 minutes.
- 6Remove with slotted spoon to a bowl.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Keep stock on low simmer.
- 9In large pot, over medium high heat, melt the butter and saute the rice until well coated.
- 10Add the wine and cook until almost absorbed.
- 11Add 2 cups of the stock and continue to simmer until almost absorbed.
- 12Continue this process until rice is cooked and creamy.
- 13Add the leeks, ham, asparagus, Parmesan cheese and 2/3 cup of the pesto.
- 14Taste for seasoning.
- 15Lastly stir in the cheese balls.
- 16Serve immediately in hot serving bowls and top with remaining pesto.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Risotto With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 783.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh mozzarella balls
bite-size fresh mozzarella cheese balls