Recipe by Shuzbud
This is a quick and easy side dish that tastes delicious. The pine nuts give a wonderful flavour and texture.
Top Review by IngridH
Yummy! I love pesto, it always reminds me of summer. Adding a bit to my rice just punched the flavor through the roof! I didn't add the optional cheese, but loved this anyway. I'll be saving this to make again, and telling friends how wonderful it is! Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 5 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons very finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice in the hot water, simmering over a low heat in a covered pan for around 20 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed.
- When the rice is fully cooked, remove from the heat.
- Add the pesto sauce, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Stir to mix well.
- If the rice has had a chance to cool at all, you may wish to reheat it at this point- the rice should be hot enough for the mozzarella to melt slightly.
- Serve onto plates and top with the grated mozzarella if desired.