1/3 Photos of Pesto Rice Peppers
Kit^..^ty Of Canada's Note:
I like to use red, orange and yellow – sweet peppers for colour. Great as a side dish to chicken, turkey, lamb or pork, or as a meatless main dish. I blanche my peppers for 5 min.in boiling water as I prefer the peppers to be softer. This recipe from Foodland does not call for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 3 tablespoons diced rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 3 red sweet peppers or 3 orange sweet bell pepper or 3 yellow sweet peppers
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In large bowl, mix together rice, cheese, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts; set aside.
- 2Cut peppers in half through stems (retain stems); seed and core.
- 3Fill each pepper half with rice stuffing. Place, stuffing side up, in baking dish.
- 4Cover with foil; bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 35 minutes.
- 5Topping: Remove foil. Sprinkle cheese over peppers; bake uncovered, for about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is golden.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Rice Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: