Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Parenting magazine.It is very easy and my kids love to help assemble the quesadillas! The pesto gives it such a great flavor even our 2 year old loves them! We have also tried adding different things such as red peppers, onions and chick peas and they are always great. They are delicious paired with avocados.
- 8 (8 inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pesto sauce (enough for 2 tsp. per quesadilla)
- Spread 2 teaspoons pesto on half of each tortilla.
- On the other half sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of corn, spinach, and tomatoes. Top with more cheese.
- Fold and cook over medium-high heat for a couple minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted.