Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of her recipes taken from her new book "Look + Cook" with a slight modification. I was unable to get the Boursin Cheese at our local store, so used Boursin Cheese (Homemade)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In small bowl of a food processor, combine first 6 ingredients, except only use 1/4 cup of the Parmesan.
- Set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Divide the cheese mixture on the chicken.
- Fold as with a book.
- Place on a non stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 3 slices of the tomatoes on each breast.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Return to oven and bake another 15 minutes.
I was so tempted to do this the way mama smurf did, and roll them up, but decided to do it as the recipe specified. It is delicious! I did use a small tomato, so added 4 slices instead of 3 to the top. This is just fabulous....thanks so much for sharing such a beautiful recipe!
I chose this to make for our dinner for the New Kids on the Block tag game. I'm glad I did! I cut the recipe in half, didn't have real thick chicken breasts so I pounded them til they were even in thickness and thinner and spread the pesto ingredients on one side then rolled them. I then seasoned the outside with a little of Judi's seasoning salt#78572 and baked them then topped them with the tomatoes and cheese as directed and finished baking. As Rachael Ray says "Yummo". Definately a keeper and goinging into my Favorites of 2011. Oh yes, I served it with a wild rice mixture and a green salad with Nif's Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing#3712673. Fancy enough to serve company! Thank you Lori Mama for submitting the recipe.