Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this from an Australian cookbook. Very easy to make. All I needed to do was boil potatoes.The rest just needed to be added!
- 10 small tender potatoes, halved (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 chopped fresh basil or 1⁄4 mint or 1⁄4 dill or 1⁄4 coriander (your choice of herbs)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender.
- Drain well and set them aside to cool.
- To make Pesto Dressing: Combine yogurt, fresh herb, parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Place potatoes and shallots in a large bowl.
- Spoon dressing over.
- Toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until required.
This was part of our Christmas meal and it did not let us down! We had a bunch of orphan neighbours over who are the meat and 3 veg type of blokes. Didn't stop them going for seconds on this. Well worth making.