Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just like regular potato salad- but with a little extra touch. This recipe works well with additions of other herbs and spices, or vegetables and is great with a few sprinkles of parmesan. Enjoy!
- 6 potatoes, chopped, boiled and cooled
- 3-4 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1-1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 158.51-177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml pesto sauce
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (also good roasted)
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, pesto, salt & pepper, and garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, celery, eggs and onion.
- Stir dressing into potato mixture. Enjoy!
Updated Review: Still making this, but tried it today with red potatoes, and I think I like it even better! Original review, May 27, 2008: DH declared this to be some of the best potato salad I'd ever made! The pesto adds so much flavor! Omitted the celery and added some green onion. For 6 potatoes, it was a little dry, so I ended up doubling the dressing. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Absolutely Fab! Perfect hot weather side dish. Second time I made it cooked potatoes after dinner one night and refrigerated. They were fine the next day- ready to be tossed with dressing. It was a real time saver. Also used that new olive oil mayonnaise (low fat and delicious!) Thanks for posting!
Great salad. The pesto is a good addition and adds a little different flavor. I omitted the eggs and used small, red potatoes.