Recipe by SuperSpike
I have made this for breakfast in the past, but is great any time of day. Crispy pan fried potatoes topped with rich pesto.
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, for boiling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, I like using feta, parmesan, mozzarella, fontina
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, cover potatoes in cold water, add salt and boil until a knife inserted in the potato goes in pretty easily, but they aren't 100% cooked.
- Drain and let them steam off in a colander for 5 mins or so.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium- medium high heat. Add potatoes and season them.
- Fry potatoes, turning occasionally until skins and edges are crisp and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pesto, toss quickly until potatoes are coated and the sauce is warmed through.
- Dump potatoes out onto your serving dish and top with cheese, and if desired, tomato.
- Let it sit a minute to let the cheese melt, then serve.
- If serving for breakfast- this goes great with a poached egg.