Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. An easy, delicious and elegant way to prepare salmon. My husband, friends and 13 month old son all adore this recipe.
- 24 ounces salmon (skin removed and portioned into 6 oz portions)
- 1 cup basil pesto (packaged or homemade)
- 1 3⁄4 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns (you can also use Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes)
- olive oil
- Set oven to Broil at 500.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Season with salt. Spread 1/4 cup of pesto (per fillet ) over top of salmon. Spread approximately 1/3 cup of Simply Potato Hash Browns over top of pesto smeared salmon. The potatoes should adhere to the pesto. If your salmon fillet is thin and wide you may need a tablespoon more of hash browns (youmay also substitute the Traditional Mashed Potatoes for the hash browns, I have done both). Season top with a sprinkle of salt.
- Coat sheet pan with olive oil. Place Salmon (potato side up) on sheet pan. Place in oven for 12-16 min depending on how thick your fillets are and how you like your salmon cooked.