Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love finding new and easy recipes that are also inexpensive and quick. This pork chop recipe is all that and more! This serves two people but is very easy to double. From my local paper.
- Put flour, salt and pepper on a plate and combine.
- Dredge both sides of pork chops in flour, and shake off any excess.
- Spray a skillet with the cooking spray and preheat on medium-high.
- Add the chops and brown on each side for two minutes.
- After they are browned, spread the pesto sauce over the chops and put lid on the skillet.
- Continue cooking for an additional two minutes or until they reach 160 degrees.
- The chops will be juicy and not dried out.
Absolutely wonderful! I subbed 2 teaspoons of breadcrumbs (only making 2 chops) for slat/pepper/flour and it was DELICIOUS!!! Definately a keeper!!
Another well deserved 5-star rating, Bekah. Because I was looking for something totally different in the line of skillet grilled pork chops (tired of the same old, same old) RecipeZaar was my first choice to bring my search. I haven't been disappointed yet with the recipes I've tried from Zaars wonderful cooks. I made your recipe exactly as stated with only one exception. Because my boneless chops were quite thick the 2 minutes recommended per side did not seem to be quite long enough in my own opinion. I pan grilled them in my cast iron 3-4 minutes per side. Checked for doneness with my instant-read thermometer and removed them from the skillet at 150 degrees, placed them on a platter and tented with aluminum foil to an internal temperature of 160 degrees. The result was tasty, tender and juicy chops. Due to the ease of preparation your recipe would work wonderfully for anyone just learning to cook. Thank you for sharing. Regards, LtlPhyl #2
I was not sure that I would like this recipe, because like a lot of cooks porkchops end up like the texture of shoe leather. Until I made this recipe, that is. The pork chops were extremely succulent and full of flavor. Also, this was so simple to prepare. Thanks for sharing.