Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm always looking for good pork recipes; this is a simple and delicious one from Mr. Food.
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs single boneless center cut pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cut pork loin into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Season pork medallions with salt and pepper, then place in flour and coat evenly on both sides.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook in batches for 2-4 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
- Remove pork to a covered platter to keep warm.
- Add cream and pesto to skillet; mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook 3-5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Pour over pork medallions and serve.
Quick fix! I was out of heavy cream and subbed milk and butter. Rich, savory, quick to put together and an instant hit in our home.
Loved this! Didn't have any heavy cream so substituted Fat Free half and Half and it did well! Definitely a Keeper! From: blondecooker
This is a delicious, simple weeknight gem! I used pork fillet, sundried tomato pesto and lite cream and it was so yummy! This was so good DH ate tomorrow's leftovers as soon as he finished his portion, always a good sign! Thanks for posting!