Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fragrant and sophisticated, a pesto topping helps make this pizza special. Easy to make and very tasty.
- 290 g twin pack italian pizza crust mix
- 4 tomatoes, skinned,seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green pesto sauce
- 1 (260 g) jar artichoke hearts or 1 (260 g) jarbaby artichoke hearts packed in oil, halved if not already done (reserve oil)
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 1 (150 g) packet mozzarella cheese, drained and finely sliced
- 1 ounce freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil, from the artichoke jar
- Make up the pizza mix according to instructions and roll out quite thinly to fit the base of a shallow square or round baking pan.
- Heat oven to 425*F.
- Mix the tomatoes with 2 TBs of the pesto and spread over the pizza, leaving a bare rim around the edge.
- Scatter the artichokes and prosciutto on top.
- Cover with mozzarella and sprinkle with the parmean and some freshly ground pepper.
- Drizzle with the rest of the pesto, which has been mixed with the artichoke oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the base is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot!
This was pretty good! I never thought to try proscuitto on a pizza. I am glad that YOU did! I added some parmesan cheese and wound up eating almost the whole pizza by myself. Thanks for posting this, I will definately make it again!