Recipe by Jacq
This is one of my family's favorites. I also like to make small ones using french bread or sourdough slices for an easy lunch. I sometimes add mozzarella if I'm in the mood. It makes it milder. great served with a spring greens salad.
Top Review by Rhiannon and Matt
We've had this twice in as many weeks, so that alone deserves 5 stars. We have tons of Basil in our garden at the moment and afer making a super-yum Recipe #8650, Matt made us pita pesto pizzas. Mushrooms were added, but no walnuts...next time. :) Thanks for sharing this simple, tasty recipe, Jacq.
- olive oil, for brushing
- ready made pesto sauce (I like the refrigerated brands)
- feta cheese or goat cheese
- 2 thinly sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large Boboli pizza crusts or 1 large any other desired bread or 1 large pastry dough, crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush crust with olive oil.
- Spread pesto sauce on crust leaving just the edges.
- Spread garlic around, place tomato slices on, crumble cheese over it (or place if soft goat cheese), and then walnuts.
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.