Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my family's favorites. I also like to make small ones using french bread or sourdough slices for an easy lunch. I sometimes add mozzarella if I'm in the mood. It makes it milder. great served with a spring greens salad.
- olive oil, for brushing
- ready made pesto sauce (I like the refrigerated brands)
- feta cheese or goat cheese
- 2 thinly sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large Boboli pizza crusts or 1 large any other desired bread or 1 large pastry dough, crust
- Brush crust with olive oil.
- Spread pesto sauce on crust leaving just the edges.
- Spread garlic around, place tomato slices on, crumble cheese over it (or place if soft goat cheese), and then walnuts.
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
We've had this twice in as many weeks, so that alone deserves 5 stars. We have tons of Basil in our garden at the moment and afer making a super-yum Recipe #8650, Matt made us pita pesto pizzas. Mushrooms were added, but no walnuts...next time. :) Thanks for sharing this simple, tasty recipe, Jacq.
I had just made my first batch of pesto and was looking for something to use it for....ohmigosh! This was so good! Had a girlfriend over for lunch, and she loved it, so did my husband! I used the mozarella because that's what I had on hand, and added some slivers of mild green peppers from the garden, Fast, easy, delicious!
This was easy and very tasty. I will be making this often. Thank you1