Recipe by - Carla -
Excellent low-fat snack to be served with your favorite dip. I like them served with my Crunchy Low-Fat Onion Dip #110607.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 32 inches whole wheat pita bread
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the fresh basil, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Coat the top of the pitas with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread the basil mixture over the tops of the pitas.
- Coat again with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt& freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until pita wedges are golden and crisp.