Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love these little pizzas. Amounts are guidelines and may be altered for your taste.
- 2 large pita bread
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce (store bought)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pita bread on baking sheet.
- Spray with Olive Oil cooking spray.
- Place in oven and bake for 3-4 minutes.
- In a skillet heat 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add spinach and saute just until slightly wilted then remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove pita bread from oven and spread each with 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce.
- Spread the remaining ingredients between the two pita breads.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Made for PRMR!!! Great flavors. We really thought this was fantastic. We did use provel cheese instead of mozzarella as that is our cheese of choice for pizza. It will be making a reappearance at our house. Thanks so much.
Made for Spring PAC 2013, mainly because there is only 1 place in Iceland that makes a good pizza & its 45 mi away! Pita bread is my go-to start when I crave a pizza & this recipe worked very well for us w/some pers pref chgs. DH sadly does not care for spinach, so I left that out & also reduced the jalapeno for his sake. I esp loved using red pesto here, but could not imagine a pizza w/o garlic so I added it generously. The rest was made as written & DH was mighty happy as he "made his pizza disappear". Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :)
This is so yummy. Great flavors. I omitted the chicken cause I didn't have it. But used bacon. I used only mozzarella on top. This was filling enough for me. Thanks ~Nimz~ :) Made for PRMR tag game