Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from the California Pistachio Commision, this is great served on bread!
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I tried this because I was looking for red and green ideas for Christmas. We liked it, but I don't think the pistachios added anything to the flavor (and they are very expensive!). I think it would have been better with chopped green pepper and diced tomato as a topping.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (storebought or frozen and thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, chopped
- fresh basil sprig (or parsley)
- diced radishes or red bell peppers or tomatoes
- French baguette, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir cheese with pesto sauce and 1/4 cup pistachios until well blended. Spoon into shallow bowl and spread out onto flat layer. Sprinkle remaining pistachios in ring on top.
- Garnish with basil and radish, red bell pepper, or tomato. Serve with sliced French bread.
- Makes 8 appetizer servings.