Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from the California Pistachio Commision, this is great served on bread!
Make and share this Pesto Pistachio Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (storebought or frozen and thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, chopped
- fresh basil sprig (or parsley)
- diced radishes or red bell peppers or tomatoes
- French baguette, sliced
- Stir cheese with pesto sauce and 1/4 cup pistachios until well blended. Spoon into shallow bowl and spread out onto flat layer. Sprinkle remaining pistachios in ring on top.
- Garnish with basil and radish, red bell pepper, or tomato. Serve with sliced French bread.
- Makes 8 appetizer servings.
I tried this because I was looking for red and green ideas for Christmas. We liked it, but I don't think the pistachios added anything to the flavor (and they are very expensive!). I think it would have been better with chopped green pepper and diced tomato as a topping.
Great recipe: I wouldn't change this in any way. Rather than using this as an appetiser, I used this as a filling for my take-to-work sandwich today. Since elegance of presentation was not a factor for me, I just stirred all the ingredients together, so that meant stirring in all the chopped pistachios in one go. I used fresh basil, and added about a 1/4 of a finely diced red bell pepper. A delicious spread: a great blend of flavours and wonderful textural variation. All I added to my Pesto Pistachio Cheese sandwich were some baby spinach leaves. Made for one truly delicious sandwich, so I'm really looking forward to having some more for tomorrow's lunch. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Sharon! Made for Newest Zaar Tag!