What to do...what to do with the abundance of garden sweet peppers? Prep is a breeze with this different kind of side with Italian flair. Adapted from Nick Stellino.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red bell peppers
- olive oil
- 3 roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 4 tablespoons chopped pitted Greek olives or 4 tablespoons sicilian black olives
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated freshly grated parimigiano reggiano asiago cheese (or more to taste) or 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F Grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- 2Cut the peppers in half through the stem withou removing the stem. Remove the seeds and membrane and brush with the olive oil, inside and out. Place the pepper halves in the prepared baking dish, cut-side-up.
- 3Toss the diced tomatoes with the pesto sauce. Fill the pepper halves with equal amounts of the tomatoes. Sprinkle the tops with the olives, bread crumbs, cheese and black pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, until the upper edges are charred and blistered and the bread crumbs are golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: