1/1 Photo of Pesto Penne With Roasted Chicken
Hey Jude's Note:
One quick stop at the grocery store on my way home from work and I can have this on the table 20 minutes after I arrive home! Recipe is from Midwest Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried penne or 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta or 8 ounces bow tie pasta (4 cups)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (7 ounce) container purchased basil pesto (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups bite-size slices roasted deli chicken or 2 1/2 cups refrigerated cooked chicken breast strips or 2 1/2 cups leftover cooked chicken
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water; return drained pasta and broccoli to saucepan.
- 2In a small bowl, combine pesto and the reserved pasta water.
- 3Add chicken, roasted red sweet peppers and pesto mixture to pasta in saucepan; toss gently to coat; heat through over medium heat; add 1/4 cup cheese to pasta mixture and toss to combine.
- 4Divide among 4 pasta bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired; top with ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Penne With Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 218.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 43.5 g