Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One quick stop at the grocery store on my way home from work and I can have this on the table 20 minutes after I arrive home! Recipe is from Midwest Living magazine.
- 8 ounces dried penne or 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta or 8 ounces bow tie pasta (4 cups)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (7 ounce) containerpurchased basil pesto (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 1⁄2 cups bite-size slices roasted deli chicken or 2 1⁄2 cups refrigerated cooked chicken breast strips or 2 1⁄2 cups leftover cooked chicken
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water; return drained pasta and broccoli to saucepan.
- In a small bowl, combine pesto and the reserved pasta water.
- Add chicken, roasted red sweet peppers and pesto mixture to pasta in saucepan; toss gently to coat; heat through over medium heat; add 1/4 cup cheese to pasta mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide among 4 pasta bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired; top with ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Tasty but missing some spice! Easy to follow too.