Recipe by Pianolady
This is a very different salad, with a beautiful presentation. We thought it was delicious and wanted to share it with you. It even keeps well. The recipe comes from Ina Garten / The Barefoot Contessa.
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons pignolis, toasted (pine nuts)
- 2 1⁄2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the peas in a pot of boiling, salted water for 1 minute.
- Immediately immerse the peas in a bowl of ice cold water, and drain when fully cooled.
- To assemble, place the spinach leaves in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the peas and pignolis over the spinach.
- Add the pesto and toss.
- Note: To toast pignolis, place them in a dry saute pan and cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until evenly browned-- tossing frequently.