Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very different salad, with a beautiful presentation. We thought it was delicious and wanted to share it with you. It even keeps well. The recipe comes from Ina Garten / The Barefoot Contessa.
- Cook the peas in a pot of boiling, salted water for 1 minute.
- Immediately immerse the peas in a bowl of ice cold water, and drain when fully cooled.
- To assemble, place the spinach leaves in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the peas and pignolis over the spinach.
- Add the pesto and toss.
- Note: To toast pignolis, place them in a dry saute pan and cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until evenly browned-- tossing frequently.
I will make this again! This was one of the freshest tasting salads I've made. Great for a dinner party also.
This is everything it's cracked up to be: gorgeous, delicious, unusual, simple; and it begs to be repeated. This one deserves more than five stars.
I'm kicking myself for not getting a photo of this. I saw Ina prepare this on her show and knew I would love the recipe. It really is terribly easy and so much better than just a pasta-pesto or pea-salad on their own. I'm sure I added more nuts than required too. Will definitely make again and again.