This is a very different salad, with a beautiful presentation. We thought it was delicious and wanted to share it with you. It even keeps well. The recipe comes from Ina Garten / The Barefoot Contessa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the peas in a pot of boiling, salted water for 1 minute.
- 2Immediately immerse the peas in a bowl of ice cold water, and drain when fully cooled.
- 3To assemble, place the spinach leaves in a salad bowl.
- 4Sprinkle the peas and pignolis over the spinach.
- 5Add the pesto and toss.
- 6Note: To toast pignolis, place them in a dry saute pan and cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until evenly browned-- tossing frequently.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Pea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 95.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: