Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just something I have made forever. It's a last minute throw it together thing that always tastes great. Some hot bread, a bottle of good wine, a couple of friends and you've got the makings for a memorable evening.
- 2 cups fresh basil, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and kept warm
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- For the pesto, in a food processor or blender, finely chop basil,parsley, parmesan cheese, garlic ,salt and the 1/4 Cup of pine nuts.
- Add the olive oil and vinegar.
- Blend until it's the consistency of creamed butter.
- Toss warm pasta with pesto using as much or as little pesto as you prefer, but make sure to coat the pasta.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tossing well.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve in your favorite pasta bowl with toasted pine nuts.
- To toast the pine nuts, lightly brown them in your toaster oven or in a little olive oil until golden.
OMG, this was so delicious! I used classico jarred pesto as well as fresh basil, pine nuts etc. I am a very limited skills cook and this worked so well for me and tasted like something you would eat in a restuarant. My husband was impressed too...Thanks for the post.