Recipe by mliss29
This is what I usually make and call Pesto Pasta.
Top Review by jaybee chef
This was very good. I did add some minced garlic to the onions as I sauteed them. I used bowtie pasta, and sliced portobellas for the mushrooms and also added some pine nuts for a little added crunch. I also added a twist each of red pepper flakes and roasted garlic sea salt to finish. I used a little less pesto and added an equal amount of fat free half and half to make a creamier sauce. We sprinkled romano cheese at the table. So, I deviated from the recipe but the results were excellent!
- 7 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, slivered
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and slivered
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 7 ounces pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onion until it starts to soften. Add the mushrooms and peppers and saute until tender.
- Add cooked spaghetti and pesto and combine well.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.