Recipe by Vegan Tracy
I love pesto but no longer eat cheese which is in the usual pesto recipe. This recipe is dairy free and delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 3 -4 bunches fresh basil, cleaned and dried
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white miso (to taste)
- 16 ounces pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pine nuts on baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted. (about 5 minutes) Remove and set aside to cool.
- Coarsely chop garlic.
- In food processor combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil and process mixture until it is well blended.
- Add miso and adjust as needed.
- Cook Pasta acording to the directions on the box, drain and add pesto. ENJOY!