Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe, which is one that I came up with years ago, is one that we make up every 4th of July.
- 1 lb pasta, corkscrew (or orzo)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, packed
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- salt, if needed
- Cook the corkscrew pasta (or you can use orzo pasta) in salted boiling water until tender.
- Drain and stir in the butter.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Chop up the sundried tomatoes and stir into the pasta.
- Place the pasta in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, to cool some more.
- Add the prepared pesto, Parmesan cheese, red chili flakes, ground black pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Add the pine nuts, adjust seasonings if needed, and check for salt.
- Put back into the fridge and thoroughly chill the salad before serving.
- The time for cooling the salad is not included in the active or passive work time.
Quick easy pasta meal. Suggest using homemade pesto - the bought stuff I used was a bit average.