Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this on LAist.com written by Elise Thompson. I adapted it a bit to fit my tastes.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 14 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. During the last few minutes add the edamame.
- In a blender or food processor, combine pine nuts, basil, parsley, garlic, wine, bell pepper and salt with 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend.
- In a medium pan, saute the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until they begin to change color to a light tan, about 4 minutes.
- Toss everything together in a big bowl and refrigerate.