Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is our new favorite mayo-based pasta salad. What could be easier than using pesto from a jar?
- 2 cups dry large farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 1⁄3 cup prepared basil pesto (I use Classico)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add pasta, and cook over high heat for 9 minutes. Then add frozen peas to the water in which the pasta's cooking, and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat immediately, and rinse with plenty of cold water. Drain well. Place in large mixing bowl, and toss with remaining ingredients. Spoon into serving dish and chill.
I was chosen to bring a salad to an office potluck and thought this might be nice for a change. Everyone raved over this! Next time I'll double it. BTW, I followed the recipe to the tee and didn't even notice the lemon juice. Respectfully, maybe the other person used too much. Couldn't find Classico pesto, so I used Flora. This really was delicious. Also, instructions were very clear for ingredient cooking times. This will be a staple next summer.
I doubled the recipe to take this salad to a family BBQ. I found the lemon juice overpowered the dressing and i had to add some additonal mayo to make it taste better. I used epicure selections pesto mix made as directed and it worked well.