I grill a couple chicken breasts with a mesquite rub and cut them into strips to toss into the individual containers for this dish before freezing it. I cut down the fat by using some chicken broth, the lower fat content made it easier to freeze and tastier to reheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on package drain and set aside, keeping pasta warm helps the pesto mix into the pasta easier.
- 2Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degrees place pine nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes or until slightly golden -- do not overbake.
- 3Transfer the pine nuts to a blender or food processor, add basil and garlic. Blend or process until finely chopped.
- 4With machine running slowly add olive oil in a slow stream.
- 5Then add chicken broth slowly.
- 6Gradually add parmesan cheese and a paste will form.
- 7Add the pesto to the pasta and toss until well coated.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Pasta - Oamc
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g