Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I grill a couple chicken breasts with a mesquite rub and cut them into strips to toss into the individual containers for this dish before freezing it. I cut down the fat by using some chicken broth, the lower fat content made it easier to freeze and tastier to reheat.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package drain and set aside, keeping pasta warm helps the pesto mix into the pasta easier.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degrees place pine nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes or until slightly golden -- do not overbake.
- Transfer the pine nuts to a blender or food processor, add basil and garlic. Blend or process until finely chopped.
- With machine running slowly add olive oil in a slow stream.
- Then add chicken broth slowly.
- Gradually add parmesan cheese and a paste will form.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and toss until well coated.