1/2 Photos of Pesto Pasta
This is a great basic pesto and pasta. Nothing fancy, but a nice comfort dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta, preferrably wheat
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional) or 2 -3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic, nutmeg,and nuts if using.
- 3Cover and process on low for one minute or until very finely chopped.
- 4While continuing to process add oil in at a steady stream until all oil is incorporated and blended well.
- 5Drain pasta.
- 6Top with pesto and toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 261.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g