Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great basic pesto and pasta. Nothing fancy, but a nice comfort dish
- 1 (8 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta, preferrably wheat
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional) or 2 -3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic, nutmeg,and nuts if using.
- Cover and process on low for one minute or until very finely chopped.
- While continuing to process add oil in at a steady stream until all oil is incorporated and blended well.
- Drain pasta.
- Top with pesto and toss to coat.