Prep 1 hr 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
a panful of savoury snacks... prep time includes chilling
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed round buttery crackers (about 30)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces pesto sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix crumbs and butter press into 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and pesto until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup of the sour cream and the eggs beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture over crust and bake 20- 25 minutes until the center is set.
- Remove to cooling rack.
- Carefully spread 2/3 c sour cream over hot filling using scraper.
- Cool and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, cut into squares and garnish with green onions and tomato.