1 hr 20 mins
A variation on the traditionally sweet snack. The filling can be substituted with tapenade, tahini or simply parmesan cheese for a variation. Can be made to step 3 in advance. Time includes 30 minutes freezing. Australian measurements used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to hot 220C(425F).
- 2Place basil, garlic, Parmesan and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until basil is roughly chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin stream and process until the mix is smooth. This is your pesto filling.
- 3Lay out a pastry sheet and spread with one quarter of the pesto. Roll up one side until you reach the middle then repeat with the other side. Set aside on a baking tray.
- 4Repeat this process with the remaining pastry and pesto.
- 5Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 6Cut frozen pastry rolls into 1.5cm thick slices. With cut sides up, curl each slice into a semi-circle.
- 7Allowing room for expansion place onto greased, or lined, baking trays.
- 8Bake in batches for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Palmiers
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 47.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g