Recipe by Manda
Very easy, VERY flavorful chicken, pasta, veggie dish. Any veggies can be substituted for the ones listed. This reminds me of something you would order at a fine Italian restaurant..very distinct taste
- 2 packages dried pesto sauce mix (NOT the creamy kind)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- black pepper
- garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 15 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine dry pesto mix with water and olive oil.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- In individual pieces of aluminum foil, place one chicken breast half and equal amounts of veggies.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Spoon 4 Tbsp.
- of pesto mixture over each packet and fold up.
- Place in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to pkg.
- and drain.
- Add about 3/4 of remaining pesto mixture to pasta and toss well.
- To serve, place serving of pasta on each dish and dump the packet of chicken and veggies over top.
- Serve with leftover pesto mixture (opt.), and grated parmesan cheese, if desired.