Recipe by Barb G.
A very tasty, easy oven fried chicken using drumstick-with-thigh or use chicken of choice. Look for tubs of reduced-fat pesto in your market's fresh pasta or dairy section or make your own.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat basil pesto
- 4 whole chicken legs (about 2 3/4 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees; line a rimmed baking sheet with release foil (for easy cleanup) place a metal rack on foil.
- Spread pesto on chicken to cover; put bread crumbs in a large plastic bag; add 2 legs at a time, close bag and shake until chicken is coated, Place chicken on rack.
- Bake 50 minutes or until coating is golden and chicken is cooked through.