Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something a bit different! Variations: Instead of the pesto sauce use tomato, mint or coriander chutney.
- 2 cups indian chapati flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup warm water, as needed
- butter, as needed
- In a large mixing bowl put the flour, oil and salt. Mix well.
- Add the pesto sauce and mix again.
- Slowly add the warm water and mix some more.
- if the dough is still too dry, add more warm water, 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Knead until the dough is very soft. Let rest, covered, for 30 minutes.
- To make the chapaties, use the palms of your hands to roll the dough into golf size balls.
- Take one ball and roll it out into a circle, about the same thickness as a Mexican tortilla.
- Fry on a hot griddle until brown spots appear on both sides.
- Remove from griddle and spread a touch of butter to one side (optional).
- Keep completed bread warm and roll out another ball of dough.
- Repeat until all of the dough has been used up.