Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Buitoni (maker of Italian foods). Sounds good, but have not yet made it.
Make and share this Pesto Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced roasted red pepper, drained
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded romano cheese (may sub parmesean or feta)
- Combine eggs and tomato in a small bowl and set aside.
- Haet greased, large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should immediately set at the edges.
- Carefully push cooked mixture at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach the hot pan surface, tilting pan as necessary.
- While top is still moist and creamy-looking, top with roasted pepper, pesto and cheese.
- Reduce heat to low; fold omelet in half. Cook an additional 2 minutes and serve immediately.
I had a bit of a disaster as I assembled the ingredients for this dish. I was planning on using feta for the cheese but when I took my crumbled feta out of the fridge I found that it had gone moldy :(. I had my taste buds all set for this brekky so I substituted the only other cheese in the fridge, an old cheddar. I also used my own pepper. After all this I found that I loved this dish! Thanks for sharing. Made for Kittencal's Europe on a Plate forum.
I used 3 eggs for 2 of us and we loved the creamy saltiness from the fetta, the bit from the roasted red peppers and that slight garlic sweetness from the pesto (though I only used 2 teaspoons as I didn't want to overpower the other flavours). The DM and I thank you for full flavour breakfast, much enjoyed. Thanks JanuaryBride, made for the Aussie/Kiwin Swap #40 May 2010.
I scaled this back to serve one for a most enjoyable brekky, this is loaded with flavour but the egg taste is lost a bit, I'd cut down the pesto by a smidge if I make again. Thanks for posting!