Recipe by Samantha in Ut
I could easily live on sandwiches especially if it is with this oil. Easy to use in salad dressings as well.
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a oven safe bowl or dish combine all ingredients.
- Set the dish on a baking sheet and cook in lower third of oven for one hour. Cool on a rack for 30 minutes.
- Line a small strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and strain oil into a glass jar.
- Covered loosely and refrigerated at all times, flavored oil keeps for one month.