Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mixed nuts with distinct notes of basil and garlic. Quick, easy, and delicious. Originally from Southern Living.
- 1 (1/2 ounce) envelopeknorr pesto sauce mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups dry-roasted mixed unsalted nuts (or pecan halves and slivered almonds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the pesto powder and oil in a large mixing bowl until well-combined. Add the nuts, and stir until they are well-coated.
- Pour nuts onto an 11-by-17-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. When nuts are done, they will just be beginning to brown. They will continue to brown slightly when removed from the oven. Do not over-bake. Remove nuts from the oven and cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Store in airtight containers, preferably jars or tins, at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
- NOTE: The Knorr Pesto Mix is a dry powder that's intended for use as a pasta sauce.
- TIP: These would probably freeze well, too.
I'm typically not much of a nut eater, but this recipe appealed to me because I love pesto (and when I do eat nuts, they usually have to be some sort of flavored ones). For the nuts, I used some pecan-lovers mix with pecans, cashews and pistachios, and added some shelled walnuts. I liked how the pesto flavoring wasn't overpowering, too. This is definitely going into my party-nibble recipe collection! Thanks for posting! :) Made for PAC Spring 08