Recipe by Alskann
A flavorful, satisfying meal. My family can't get enough of this and guests rave and ask for the recipe. It is so simple to throw together for a last minute cook out. These are all ingredients I keep on hand.
Top Review by Ty
Easy to make and full of flavor. I used store bought pesto, store bought roasted peppers, used the shredded mozzarella I had and baked it in the oven for 40 min at 375, using very large boneless/skinless chicken breast. Added to my family menu for sure.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (you can use store bought or use your favorite homemade)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (small perlini mozzarella balls work best,you can use larger mozzarella, just cut it down into smalle)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat grill to high heat.
- Oil grill with light coat of oil (for charcoal oil before heating).
- Rinse chicken;pat dry.
- With sharp knife, cut a pocket deep lengthwise into the edge of each chicken breast. be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Season chicken with pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pesto into each pocket.
- Fill each pocket with 1/4 of mozzarella balls and 1/4 of the red pepper slices.
- Spread remaining pesto over outside of chicken breasts to give it a light, even coating.
- Lay chicken on oil grill. Close lid.
- Cook until browned on bottom (about 7 minutes).
- Turn and continue cooking until browned on other side and no longer pink in center; about 7 minutes longer (carefully cut to test).
- Serve hot with some crusty bread, a tossed green salad, and fresh fruit.