1/2 Photos of Pesto-Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts
A flavorful, satisfying meal. My family can't get enough of this and guests rave and ask for the recipe. It is so simple to throw together for a last minute cook out. These are all ingredients I keep on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce (you can use store bought or use your favorite homemade)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (small perlini mozzarella balls work best,you can use larger mozzarella, just cut it down into smalle)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1Pre-heat grill to high heat.
- 2Oil grill with light coat of oil (for charcoal oil before heating).
- 3Rinse chicken;pat dry.
- 4With sharp knife, cut a pocket deep lengthwise into the edge of each chicken breast. be careful not to cut all the way through.
- 5Season chicken with pepper.
- 6Spread 1 tablespoon pesto into each pocket.
- 7Fill each pocket with 1/4 of mozzarella balls and 1/4 of the red pepper slices.
- 8Spread remaining pesto over outside of chicken breasts to give it a light, even coating.
- 9Lay chicken on oil grill. Close lid.
- 10Cook until browned on bottom (about 7 minutes).
- 11Turn and continue cooking until browned on other side and no longer pink in center; about 7 minutes longer (carefully cut to test).
- 12Serve hot with some crusty bread, a tossed green salad, and fresh fruit.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto-Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 464.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: