Recipe by Cookin'Diva
A beautiful and tasty way to use the widely available fresh mozarella balls. I use homemade Pesto, but you can find it in jars in the Gourmet section. Arranged on toothpicks, these bite-size appetizers are festive and colorful.
Top Review by Tamaretta
These were a huge hit at our party. My store carries 'pearl mozzarella' so I threaded two pearls, then one grape tomato, then two additional pearls. Only thing I would do differently next time (no fault of recipe) is use shorter toothpicks. I used "Red Hot Green Olives" as the center filler and it was a smashing hit. Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, in balls
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (in jars, available in Gourmet section)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- olive (optional)
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pesto, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place drained mozzarella balls in a ziplock bag and add pesto mixture.
- Gently squeeze things around in the bag so that all the balls are nicely coated.
- Place a coated mozzarella ball and a cherry tomato on each toothpick.
- To serve, arrange them in a circle on platter and garnish with olives or with fresh basil leaves.