A beautiful and tasty way to use the widely available fresh mozarella balls. I use homemade Pesto, but you can find it in jars in the Gourmet section. Arranged on toothpicks, these bite-size appetizers are festive and colorful.
- Mix pesto, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place drained mozzarella balls in a ziplock bag and add pesto mixture.
- Gently squeeze things around in the bag so that all the balls are nicely coated.
- Place a coated mozzarella ball and a cherry tomato on each toothpick.
- To serve, arrange them in a circle on platter and garnish with olives or with fresh basil leaves.