Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This creamy sauce makes a great dressing for potato or macaroni salad. Also can toss with pasta or use as a sauce for chicken. Recipe found on Meals.com.
- 1 bunch fresh basil, cleaned and stemmed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine basil, parsley, pine nuts and garlic in food processor and pulse briefly until basil leaves are roughly chopped.
- Add mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Begin processing and with the motor running, drizzle in olive oil in a thin stream.
- Sauce will thicken to a mayonnaise consistency.