Recipe by iris5555
From Susan Wittig Albert. This is great on a chicken sandwich and is also good with cold salmon and hot chicken. I think this was best used the first day so you may want to scale back if you don't think you'll use it all at once.
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1⁄3 cup spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pecans (or pine nuts or walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared mayonnaise (may use low fat)
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, combine basil, spinach, cheese, garlic and nuts.
- With blender running, add lemon juice and olive oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Place in a bowl and stir in mayonnaise.
- Add horseradish to taste if you are using it.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add diced sun dried tomatoes and stir just to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until served.